Monday 15 February 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge - Day '4': Naming

Day '4':  Name your model or barn 
 
Have a go at naming the most recent addition to your herd by giving them a show name, stable name and pet name. As further ideas, why not do the same for your barn or stable yard and then make a barn tour video?

I know it's a couple of days late, but I'm not going to try to cram 3 days into one post. So, here's Day 4 of the Copperfox 10 Day Challenge (which is actually Day 2's challenge, since I swapped them round).

Whilst I don't have a stable yard (because I don't have room to set one up or store it), I do have a name for my 'stable' of horses. I use the prefix 'Silverdale Acres' (SA) in front of all my Breyers' show names, and 'Blue Moon Stables' (BMS) for all my Schleich horses (it just feels weird to have them all in the same 'stable').

Most of my models don't have official 'pet' names, mostly because I prefer those kinds of names to happen spontaneously. If I wrote stories for my horses they probably would end up with their own pet names, but since I don't it's not something I worry about. Plus, it's hard enough just coming up with Show and Stable names for them all! Here are just a few of my latest additions (the others still won't tell my what they want to be called...)
 
 I am genuinely smitten with this Stablemate filly! Since I've made my black Paso Fino mare, Nightingale, her mother I figured it would be good to stick with the bird theme, so this filly's name is now Dotterel, or Dot for short (yeah, yeah, I know it's cliche, but it suits her.)
 
 I'm over the moon to finally have this beauty! I'd always admired the pictures of Marigold, the very first release on the Classic Morgan Mare mould, in Breyer's catalogue, but because she was a special Fun Day release I never thought I'd be able to own one. So when this girl was listed on Chestnut Ridge for sale secondhand, I jumped at the chance to get her. And I'm so pleased I did. I adore her, and I've called her Feminine Fox, or Vixen, for her chestnut coat and the way her tail reminds me of a fox's brush.
And lastly, for now, I've bought myself the Schleich male Dalmatian. He's about Classic scale, so he'll be keeping my Schleich male German Shepherd, Kep, company. I wish his spots were better: they look more like patches in some places, like on his shoulder and just above his hock, but I like him nonetheless. Whilst looking for name ideas for my Schleich zebra I came across a web link for an article about a newborn zebra foal at a zoo. The zoo had named the foal 'Ruckus', and I just thought that was such a great name that I borrowed it for my new dog. So, please meet Ruckus.

That's all for now. On to day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment