Friday 12 February 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge - Day 3: Model Horse

Day 3:  Be a Model Horse 

Imagine yourself as a model horse. What colour would you be? What mould would you be created on? What scale?

Day 3 of the Copperfox 10 Day Challenge, and I'm back on track. 

This challenge really interested me. A while back, when I was filling out an application form for a job in a big branded pet shop, one of the questions on the form asked:

"If you were any kind of animal, what would you be and why?"

It was clear that they wanted applicants to show their understanding of animals, but it got me thinking. It was such a unique question, and I put a lot of thought into my answer. Today's challenge feels like the same sort of idea.

First, a little about me. I'm short, with long brown hair and hazel eyes. When it comes to personality, I'm quiet, almost painfully shy and a total perfectionist. On the Myers-Briggs Test, I'm a INFJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) person (and if you've never taken a Myers-Briggs personality test, I highly encourage you to. The results are fascinating, and so insightful! There are a ton of free tests out there, so find one you like.).

So, how does any of that translate into equine form? Well, since I have pale skin, brown hair and hazel eyes, I should probably be an amber champagne colour, but to be honest I don't think I'm unique or flashy enough to be a champagne horse. My shy nature means I'd much rather blend into the background and go unnoticed, and since I'm naturally brunette one colour comes to mind: liver chestnut.

Right, so what mould and what scale? Since I'm a small person I think a small horse or light pony breed with a long mane/tail would be best. I'm quiet and reserved, so nothing in a fancy canter or jumping pose. And maybe something in a Stablemate/Paddock Pal scale?
 Yeah, ok, she's a bigger scale than I suggested, but in pretty much every other category Sara Moniet ticks each box. She's small for a Traditional, has long brown hair, and is sculpted in a quiet walking pose.
 With her head down and her eyes on the ground she looks shy, like she's desperately trying to avoid making eye contact so no one comes over and talks to her. Conformationally, she's a bit awkward (like me :) ), with a weird shoulder and legs that are too thick, but she's still attractive in her own way. And she's lifting her hind leg very carefully, as though she's being ultra precise over exactly where she places every hoof.
 Her liver chestnut coat is very simple and plain, without a single white hair to draw attention to her. You'd probably notice her more for her extra long mane and tail than anything else. And her eyes have a kind but nervous look to them, as though she's not really sure if what she's doing is correct.
So yeah, if I was a model horse, I'd probably look an awful lot like Sara Moniet here. I knew there had to be a reason I like her so much :)

Oh, and by the way, in case you were wondering,the animal I put down that I think I'm the most like is a chocolate labrador!

No comments:

Post a Comment