Wednesday 31 August 2016

Long Overdue

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update this blog. Moving into our new house has been delay after delay, but we're finally in and settled now. Hopefully I can get back to more regular posts from now on.

In addition, sorry for the lack of pictures: my tablet won't let me add any photos to the post...

In positive news, I'm delighted to finally have my Breyers back again after about 5 months in storage during what can only be described as a nightmare house move. But it's all done now, and my boys and girls can canter around on their new shelves now.

Because they were going into storage, and because I've read horror stories about oozies and shrinkies, I stupidly thought it would be better to wrap them in paper than bubble wrap. Only later, after it was all done, I came across a post on another thread about someone getting a model in the mail that had been wrapped in just paper, leaving it with terrible scratches all over! So I was terrified of what I'd find when I unpacked my models.

Thankfully, and to my massive relief, my babies don't seem to have been hurt by the paper wrapping. Maybe it's because they were packed tightly in their boxes so they couldn't move around and scratch against the sides? Maybe it's because I used softer, white parcel paper to wrap them in, rather than the harsh brown paper? Either way, they seem to be remarkably unscathed. None of them are perfect
anyway, so if they have the odd minor rub I probably wouldn't notice it anyway, but I think next time I'll stick to softer packing materials...

No comments:

Post a Comment